• October 20, 2014, 06:51:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2007 UM V2S-650S * 5251 MILES!* *VIDEO* *MODS* - Most recent pictures  (Read 1667 times)

UM_Rider

• Learner rider

Okay everybody here is my bike in its latest state. It's a heavily modified 2007 United Motors V2S-650S. I bought it BRAND NEW off the showroom floor in September of 2008 for $5300 out the door. This is my first bike. Other than the dual-purpose bike I rode in my MSF basic rider course, this was the first bike I have actually ridden. The bike came with a huge dent in the tank which took the dealer 2 months to get in!! He said that it was damaged in the crate but I honestly believe the bike fell over after assembly because the rear fender on that same side had a 4" hairline crack which I repaired with some superglue, sandpaper, and touch-up paint. Upon arrival of the new tank, I got it swapped out and immediately removed the "UM" stickers. The only mods that wouldn't fit in my profile description was the AIS Blockoff and the aftermarket Honda CBR Mirrors.

The bike currently has 5251 miles on it and runs GREAT aside from a light tapping sound which I believe is just a natural characteristic of a v-twin as suggested by so many on here. It is in no way a loud KNOCK that my brother had with his 250cc Honda Rebel!! His too is a v-twin and MAN DID IT EXPLODE after about a week!!

I am going to do a run today in the country...on a very isolated county road LOL... with a 2 mile straightaway with no side-roads. I know that the speedometer reads incorrectly and I have calculated that it displays 7MPH faster than actual speed. I have not verified this with a GPS, only with a person following / vice-versa. I have been unable to get the bike over 126 MPH on the speedometer, at 8000 RPMs in 6th gear....I have tried several times on the freeway...trying not to get pulled over so I usually slow very quickly once it flattens out around 120... the actual speed I guess is around 113 MPH. Is this average for this bike? I know thats fast enough to kill yourself...Hell I could kill myself going 45.

I still plan to have the frame and wheels painted a different color as well as make it a full-fairing bike. What does everyone think? My friends say "NO leave it alone!!" I REALLY like what Paul Mendrum did to his bike with the gold frame and accents but we will see. So anyway, here it is! FEEDBACK, PLEASE!!  ;D

I will be posting *NEW* video of my exhaust chop today as well as some drive-bys. This bike sounds super-wicked in 2ND gear around 7K RPMs!! And I absolutely  :o LOVE :o to let it throttle down from that in 2ND gear!! Gas mileage is overrated right?? HAHA  ;D

2007 UM 650S
2" Rear Drop
8000K HID
Blacked Out Headlight Chrome
Blacked Out Screen
DIY Fender Chop
Debaffled Can
ProGrip Protector
ProGrip Gels Grips
Modified R6 Steel Barends
Removed

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D