• September 18, 2014, 08:40:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome to Korider.com!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GV650 Pro doesn't start  (Read 1045 times)

simon

• Training Wheels
GV650 Pro doesn't start
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »

Well, sadly my great looking and riding GV650 has let me down just when the weather means I should be riding it!

It has done 1500 fun miles but now will not start. It ws a bit iffy before as I had to pull the clutch in several times to get it to fire up but now it doesnt start at all. I can hear the fuel injection system charging but thats it, no starter , no running.

I do get a red flashing F1 light and F1 on the dash. I have lubed the sidestand switch and have also bypassed it with a jumper lead but no help. The clutch switch works ok because nothing at all works unless the lever is pulled in.

I am to ring the dealer tomorrow and see if he can pick it up or lend me a test lead.

If anyone can give me any ideas that would be great as fixing it this weekend with the sunshine would cheer me up!

Cheers
Simon
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:24:08 PM by simon »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

BikeBandit.com

Snowfox

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Addict
Re: Re: GV650 Pro doesn't start
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:39:04 AM »

Not making any noise?
Try putting it in neutral, hold the starter button and slowly release the clutch out.
My 650r use to do it.
SmartGuard Immobiliser.
Kaneg Sliders (nocut).
Spools.

tom74

• Regular rider
  • GV tuning
    • My fotos
Re: GV650 Pro doesn't start
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »

It may be faulty starter relay. See if you have a similar effect as in my film.
here
Quite the same happens when you damage the clutch sensor. The electrical circuit is then open and the ECU thinks the clutch is not depressed.I unplugged my sensor, and connected the two wires permanently in front of the lamp.

simon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »

Thanks for tips guys. I did try bypassing the clutch switch but it made no difference. Still cant find the fault, am charging the battery to make sure it has enough in it and will then check the starter solenoid. Any hints as to where that is?  (not got manual).
Thanks
Simon

bikerider111

• Training Wheels
    • bikerider111
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:27:06 AM »

starter solenoid is under the seat.

simon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:14:11 AM »

Thanks I will look, I have been told to bridge the spare two pin plug under the seat to get the error code on the LCD dash. I did that and got what looks to be a number 2 although the upright stroke in the top half of the number is missing to it looks like a horinzontal line and then a c below that.

Has anyone seen a similar code/indication?

tom74

• Regular rider
  • GV tuning
    • My fotos
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »

After entering the service mode you should have a view on the display if there are no errors. If any of the sensors is faulty then the letter C display the numbers described in the service manual. For example, in the absence of errors the display looks like this:

If you need to adjust the TPS sensor settings screen looks like this:

All the error codes found in the FI version you have described service manual on pages 28-29.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:58:15 AM by tom740509 »

simon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:34:40 PM »

Hi
thats great, the TPS error you show is exactly the one on the screen on my bike. I assume it could stop the bike running/starting?

Anyway , its a great help, thanks again.
Cheers
Simon

simon

• Training Wheels
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 12:29:29 AM »

Well I tested the voltage from the starter to the solenoid and it showed a healthy 12 volts hence decided the solenoid was faulty and was given a new one by the local dealer and it ran fine afterwards.

I guess the odd fault code was nothing significant, of course the TPS could still need resetting so will check that when I get time.

Cheers
Simon

Pages: [1]